There are claw marks wrapping my neck like ribbons
Where someone tried so desperately to tear
A hole in me to crawl in
But they freed my blood instead
It ate the dirt beneath their fingernails
Spread through me in seven heartbeats
Rip yourself to shreds if you must, but
I’m inside you
I’m inside you.
Comic about slurs, published in the Galago magazine last summer.
scar tissue that i wish you saw
- It’s okay to be alone.
- It’s okay to be lonely.
- It’s okay to cry.
- When someone says, “I want you,” it doesn’t necessarily mean, “I love you,” or, “I want to see you,” or, “I want you to be happy.”
- Alone can be healing.
- It’s okay to eat.
- More so, it’s okay to eat pizza and chocolate cake in bed with your little sister when both of you have been crying so hard, your faces are red and puffy.
- It’s okay to run alone at night. It’s okay to be frightened of the dark, empty street. It’s okay to be angry enough that you don’t care that you’re frightened.
- Don’t carve yourself. It didn’t help last time. It won’t help now.
- Don’t binge. Don’t binge. Don’t binge.
- Everything that you want to do can be done without dosing.
- I love myself better than drugs make me feel.
- I love myself more than anyone else can.